Christmastime is Here!
December 3, 2015 | By Ketner Group
Tummies, hearts and shopping carts full, the holidays are officially in full-swing, and so far they’re off to an interesting start in the retail world. Insights from Black Friday and the Thanksgiving weekend are trickling in from some of the industry’s experts, almost like clues for retailers to make the most of the next five weeks.
Among them comes some exciting news coverage of several retail industry experts we work closely with, sharing their data and take on the health of retail this holiday season and giving retailers a valuable peek at the shopping patterns to come. From ThoughtWorks’ suggestion that we change the name of Black Friday altogether, to Shopatron’s prediction that 56% of American shoppers will rely on home delivery, see for yourself why these publications see such value in what they have to say:
- The Wall Street Journal: The Tricky Math of Black Friday Bargains
- CNBC: Retailers are losing $1.75 trillion over this
- MediaPost: Despite Analytics, Programmatic Ad Serving Out-Of-Stock Incidents Rise
- BusinessWire: ThoughtWorks Retail Holiday Shopping Consumer Survey Finds: 77% of Consumers Will Shop Stores of Websites During the Holidays They Don’t Usually Shop
Article from ThoughtWorks’ Retail Holiday Survey Insights:
- LookNews.org: Let’s be honest: Black Friday needs a new name.
- Washington Post: Let’s be honest: Black Friday needs a new name.
- Los Angeles Times: If ‘Black Friday’ no longer works, how about Five-Day Frenzy or Retail Playoffs?
- Chain Store Age: How popular is holiday click and collect?
- Mobile Marketer: Why mobile delivery’s growth presents challenges this holiday season