Ketner Group is seeking an account coordinator to join our team in Austin or NYC. Our ideal candidate is a motivated and dynamic team member who is excited to launch a career in communications. An account coordinator at Ketner Group should be a highly dependable team player who can adhere to project and client timelines on an individual basis.
The account coordinator will work on a variety of account teams and directly interact with clients in the retail technology industry. Ketner Group looks to account coordinators to support account teams as we execute on our clients’ communication strategies and tactics.
*The annual salary for this position in NYC is $58.5k-60k, depending on experience. In Austin, the annual salary for this position is $50k-$52k.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in communications. PR or communications internship experience is required, preferably with an agency.
- Articulate. You have a strong foundation of written and verbal communications skills and are looking to develop these skills further.
- A diligent researcher. You have excellent research skills and can effectively find appropriate media contacts, identify client speaking and award opportunities, and conduct client competitor research.
- Self-directed. Work independently in a fast-paced environment, coordinating virtually with team members across the U.S. You are highly self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with fluctuating daily activities based on client needs.
- Curious. You want to know why things work the way they do; you’re curious about communications and technology.
- Organized and detail oriented. You’re highly organized and can manage multiple assignments while hitting deadlines.
- Adaptable. You’re able to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture.
What You Will Do:
- Support clients’ communications objectives across designated accounts
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Identify, manage and pitch editorial calendar opportunities
- Research and develop media lists for clients
- Draft and prepare briefing materials for client spokespeople
- Compile and flag awards and speaking opportunities to clients, drafting submissions, as needed
- Monitor industry news, client coverage and trends, flagging to clients via email
- Execute on client social media tactics (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), as assigned
- Conduct monthly reporting and media measurement on assigned accounts
- Participate in staff meetings and agency activities
- Assist with other day-to-day functions and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, journalism or related field
- 1-2 years of experience, including internships, preferably at a PR agency or in-house corporate communications department
- Experience with Cision, Qwoted and comparable platforms preferred, but not required
- Comfortable in a hybrid work environment, with the ability to come into the Austin or NYC office at least twice a week and work virtually with colleagues and clients across the U.S.
- Competitive salary
- Group health and dental insurance with a 50% employer contribution
- Matching 401K plan
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous PTO policies including three weeks’ vacation, paid sick leave, a floating holiday and “Summer Fridays”
- Professional development opportunities
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, with offices in Austin and NYC. We’re committed to creating a fun environment, while taking time to chat with each other about life, not just work. No matter the present environment, we offer the flexibility to work from home or remotely, and a casual, laidback work environment. We work with retail technology companies and our clients are both U.S.-based and international.
How To Apply:
Send the following to [email protected]:
- Your resumé, tailored to this internship.
- A minimum of three writing samples.