Ketner Group Communications is seeking an experienced assistant account executive (AAE) to join our team in our Austin office*. Our ideal candidate is a motivated and dynamic team member who is excited to launch a career in communications. An AAE at Ketner Group should be a team player but also be highly dependable and adhere to project and client timelines on an individual basis.
The AAE will work on a variety of account teams and directly interact with clients. Ketner Group looks to AAEs to support account executives, senior account executives, account supervisors and the leadership team to execute on our clients’ communication strategies and tactics. AAEs report directly to the agency’s leadership team.
* The position will be remote until early 2021, at which time we’ll determine when our teams will return to an office environment.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in communications. You have direct experience in PR and marketing activities, preferably with an agency, and are confident pitching trade and national media contacts.
- Articulate. You possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You may have a tendency to over-communicate; you can clearly articulate the status of campaign activities to clients in person, over the phone and via email. You have demonstrated content development experience, including drafting blogs, press releases, byline articles and case studies.
- A diligent researcher. You have excellent research skills and can effectively find appropriate media contacts, collect supporting data for copywriting, identify client award and event opportunities, and conduct client competitor research.
- Self-directed. You are a motivated learner who wants new experiences and is ready to work independently – a necessity in today’s remote work environment. You are highly self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with daily activities, which are often fluctuating based on client needs.
- Curious. You want to know why things work the way they do; you’re curious about businesses, marketing practices and technology.
- Highly attentive to small details. You get excited about finding an extra space between two words in a paragraph and you love a good spreadsheet. You’re highly organized and can manage multiple assignments while hitting deadlines.
- Bold. You aren’t intimidated by technical language and new markets. You’re able to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture. You’re comfortable actively participating in internal meetings and team brainstorms.
What You Will Do:
- Assist account supervisors, directors and agency leadership in ensuring success of communications campaigns across assigned accounts
- Execute media relations activities: develop media lists, manage press release distribution, complete proactive pitching/media relations, develop and manage editorial calendars, and manage speaking/award research and deadlines
- Develop relationships with Ketner Group’s existing and future press and analyst contacts, including trade publications and national media outlets
- Cultivate new media relationships with appropriate media and analyst contacts on assigned accounts
- Write content for clients such as press releases, articles, blog posts, long-form content (eBooks/whitepapers) and case studies
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Help to brainstorm fresh, new campaign ideas for all Ketner Group accounts and the agency
- Execute on client social media tactics (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), as assigned
- Support Ketner Group new business activities and marketing efforts, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- 1-3 years of PR and/or marketing experience (including internships), preferably in an agency environment
- Experience with media relations, content development, social media and research
- B2B marketing experience highly valued, but not required
- Retail technology or B2B tech PR experience is an advantage, but not required
- Experience with Cision, Hootsuite, Harvest, social media advertising platforms, Hubspot, Google Analytics and/or SEM Rush a plus
- Competitive salary
- Group health and dental insurance with a 50% employer contribution
- Matching 401K plan
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous vacation benefits and Summer Fridays
- Professional development opportunities
The best benefit? To be a part of an awesome, collaborative and supportive team that fosters an environment for you to grow and thrive in your PR career. And in normal times, we live for Wake Up Wednesday and any reason to celebrate with cake and your drink of choice!
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency headquartered in Austin and with offices in NYC and Nashville.
We’re a fun-loving group of folks who love working and being silly together, sharing our passion for breakfast tacos and bagels with the world, and we are always striving to make Ketner Group the best PR agency environment around.
We work entirely with business-to-business technology and professional services companies and our clients span the globe.
How to Apply:
Send the following to [email protected]; no phone calls, please:
- Your resumé, tailored to this particular job.
- A cover letter detailing why you are the right person. Answer questions such as:
- Why does your past experience make you a good fit for this job?
- What about your personality matches our culture and this position?
- Why are you excited about working with us in particular?
- Three or more writing samples such as blogs or press releases. If you have other examples of other creative work (videos, graphic design, etc.) that you find relevant to this opening, send those along too.