Ketner Group Communications is seeking a full-time content specialist to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a motivated and dynamic team member with B2B tech content experience. A content specialist at Ketner Group should be a highly dependable, motivated team player who has relevant experience and strong writing skills, coupled with an outstanding ability to adhere to project and client timelines on an individual basis.
As a content specialist you are a talented storyteller, who can oversee content strategy and develop written content for our retail tech clients. You will work collaboratively on dedicated client teams and comfortably offer client counsel. Content specialists directly report to agency leadership.
This position can be in-person, hybrid or completely remote, depending on the applicant’s experience and location.
Who You Are:
- Strategic. You can create and lead the overall content strategy for each client, managing your workflow and ensuring all final materials are client-ready.
- Experienced in content development. You know how to turn complex subject matter into expert content that is clear and simple to understand, and that captures the attention of the client’s targeted audience.
- Articulate. You possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You tend to over-communicate and can clearly articulate the status of content to clients in person, over the phone and via email.
- Collaborative, yet self-directed. You can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment – a necessity in today’s remote work environment. You are highly self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with daily activities, which often fluctuate based on client needs.
- Curious. You want to know why things work the way they do; you’re curious about businesses, PR practices and technology, and you can “connect the dots” in ways that others haven’t yet seen.
- Highly attentive to small details. You get excited about finding an extra space between two words in a paragraph. You’re highly organized and can manage multiple projects while ensuring deadlines are met with client-ready deliverables.
- Adaptable. You aren’t intimidated by technical language and new markets. You’re able to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture. You’re comfortable actively participating in internal meetings and team brainstorms.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with assigned account leads and teams to develop and deliver on a successful content strategy for each client
- Interview SMEs, conduct research and source information to write thoughtful, well-informed content
- Develop and write content in the voice of the executive and/or brand; ability to write in multiple client voices
- Work with complex topics in business and technology to develop expert thought leadership with a strong point of view
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency in managing and executing on all types of content development, including but not limited to press releases, bylines, blogs, eBooks and white papers
- Develop and nurture strong client relationships and knowledge
- Contribute to and oversee content strategy across key accounts and for new business proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; highly detail oriented
- 5-10 years of content experience (including internships) at a PR agency, publication or in-house developing press releases, bylines, blogs, eBooks, white papers and more
- Experience with project management, content strategy, research and development
- Retail technology or B2B tech experience is an advantage, but not required
- Competitive salary
- Group health and dental insurance with a 50% employer contribution
- Matching 401K plan
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous PTO policy starting with three weeks paid vacation, seven days paid sick leave, a floating holiday and year-round “Summer Fridays”
- Professional development opportunities
The best benefit? To be a part of an awesome, collaborative and supportive team that fosters an environment for you to grow and thrive in your PR career.
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, with offices in Austin, NYC and Nashville. We’re committed to creating a fun environment, while taking time to chat with each other about life, not just work. No matter the present environment, we offer the flexibility to work from home or remotely, and a casual, laidback work environment. We work with retail technology companies and our clients are both U.S.-based and international.
How to Apply:
Send the following to [email protected]; no phone calls, please:
- Your resumé, tailored to this particular job.
- A minimum of three writing samples.
In accordance with recently passed NYC legislation, the salary range for the Content Specialist position is $90-110k for residents of NYC. Salary for this position outside of NYC is competitive and based on the individual candidate’s experience and location.