Creative, constantly evolving work in a fast-past environment of a growing boutique agency. If that depiction lights your fire, we want to talk to you.
Ketner Group Communications is seeking an intern to support our team locally in Nashville, and remotely in Austin and NYC. The internship is paid with a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week, with additional hours possibly available based on business needs and your availability.
Who You Are:
- Experienced. You are entering junior or senior year of undergraduate studies. Previous public relations and/or communications internship is strongly recommended.
- Self-directed. You are a motivated learner who wants new experiences and is ready to work independently.
- Creative in both mindset and capacity. You like to do things differently and you love writing.
- Curious. You want to know why things work the way they do; you’re curious about businesses, marketing practices and technology.
- Bold. You aren’t intimidated by technical language and new markets.
- Highly attentive to small details. You get excited about finding an extra space between two words in a paragraph.
What You Will Do:
- Research and develop media and analyst lists
- Manage editorial opportunities
- Edit and/or write client press releases and marketing materials
- Craft blog content for client and internal use
- Compile semi-weekly awards and speaking calendar
- Develop social media posts for client and internal use
- Track industry news and new business opportunities daily
- Participate in staff meetings and weekly brainstorming sessions
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, headquartered in Austin and with offices in NYC and Nashville.
We’re a fun-loving group of folks who love working and being silly together, sharing our passion for breakfast tacos with the world, and always striving to make Ketner Group the best PR agency environment around.
We work entirely with business-to-business technology companies and our clients are international.
How to Apply:
Send the following to Kirsty Goodlett at [email protected]; no phone calls, please:
- Your resumé, tailored to this particular job.
- A cover letter detailing why you are the right person. Answer questions such as:
- Why does your past experience make you a good fit for this job?
- What about your personality matches our culture and this position?
- Why are you excited about working with us in particular?
- Three or more writing samples. If you have other examples of other creative work (videos, graphic design, etc.) that you find relevant to this opening, send those along too.
*Additional hours may be available depending on business needs and candidate availability.