Ketner Group Communications is currently seeking a proactive and diligent intern starting in late Jan. 2019 to support our team locally in NYC, and remote teams in Austin and Nashville. The internship is paid with a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week* and is located at our office near Lincoln Square. The intern will have the opportunity to work alongside our fun-loving, collaborative group while gaining real-world agency experience supporting B2B clients.
Who You Are:
- Experienced: Entering or in senior year of undergraduate studies; graduate student in relevant subject areas; or recent grad looking to ultimately transition to full-time position. Previous public relations and/or communications internship experience is required, preferably with an agency.
- Self-directed: You bring a willingness to work independently in a fast-paced environment, coordinating closely with both local and remote team members.
- Articulate: You possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented: You can manage multiple assignments, hit deadlines and know the devil is in the details.
- Adaptable: Ability to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture.
What You Will Do:
- Research and develop media and analyst lists
- Manage editorial opportunities
- Edit and/or write client press releases and marketing materials
- Craft blog content for client and internal use
- Compile semi-weekly awards and speaking calendar
- Develop social media posts for client and internal use
- Track industry news and new business opportunities daily
- Participate in staff meetings and weekly brainstorming sessions
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, headquartered in Austin and with offices in NYC and Nashville. We’re a fun-loving group of folks who love working and being silly together, sharing our love of breakfast tacos with the world, and always striving to make Ketner Group the best PR agency environment around.
We work entirely with business-to-business technology companies and our clients are international.
How to Apply:
Send the following to Adrienne Newcomb at [email protected]; no phone calls, please:
- Your resumé.
- Three or more writing samples, such as press releases, blogs, news articles, etc.
*Additional hours may be available depending on business needs and candidate availability.