Ketner Group is seeking an experienced senior account executive (SAE) to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a motivated and dynamic team member who is excited to continue their career in communications. An SAE at Ketner Group should be a team player but also highly dependable and adhere to project and client timelines on an individual basis.
The SAE will work on a variety of account teams and directly interact with clients. Ketner Group looks to SAEs to support account supervisors and the leadership team to execute on our clients’ communication strategies and tactics. SAEs report directly to the agency’s leadership team.
*The annual salary for this position in NYC is $75k-85k, depending on experience. In Austin, the annual salary for this position is $63k-$71k.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in communications.You have direct experience in PR with an agency, and are confident pitching trade and national media contacts.
- Articulate.You possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You may have a tendency to over-communicate; you can clearly articulate the status of campaign activities to clients via email, over the phone or in person. You have demonstrated content development experience, including drafting blogs, press releases, byline articles and case studies.
- A diligent researcher. You have excellent research skills and can effectively find appropriate media contacts, collect supporting data for copywriting, identify client award and event opportunities, and conduct client competitor research.
- Self-directed. You are a motivated learner who wants new experiences and is ready to work independently – a necessity in today’s remote work environment. You are highly self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with daily activities, which are often fluctuating based on client needs.
- Curious. You want to know why things work the way they do; you’re curious about businesses, retail and technology.
- Highly attentive to small details. You get excited about finding an extra space between two words in a paragraph and you love a good spreadsheet. You’re highly organized and can manage multiple assignments while hitting deadlines.
- Adaptable.You aren’t intimidated by technical language and new markets. You’re able to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture. You’re comfortable actively participating in internal meetings and team brainstorms.
- Strategic. You’re comfortable stepping in to execute and lead strategy for each client, manage and delegate workflow and review final materials in the absence of the account lead.
What You Will Do:
- Assist account supervisors, directors and agency leadership in ensuring success of communications campaigns across assigned accounts
- Lead and execute media relations activities: develop media lists, manage press release distribution, complete proactive pitching/media relations, develop and manage editorial calendars, and manage speaking/award research and deadlines
- Develop and maintain relationships with Ketner Group’s existing and future press and analyst contacts, including trade publications and national media outlets
- Cultivate new media relationships with appropriate media and analyst contacts on assigned accounts
- Strategize and write content for clients such as press releases, articles, blog posts, long-form content (eBooks/whitepapers) and case studies
- Actively contribute during client calls and meetings
- Help to brainstorm fresh, new campaign ideas for all Ketner Group accounts and the agency overall
- Execute on client social media tactics (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of PR experience (including internships) in an agency environment
- Experience owning media relations, content development, social media and research for client accounts
- B2B communications or PR experience highly valued, but not required
- Experience with Cision, Harvest, Hootsuite or comparable platforms
- Competitive salary
- Group health and dental insurance with a 50% employer contribution
- Matching 401K plan
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous PTO policy starting with three weeks paid vacation, seven days paid sick leave, a floating holiday and year-round “Summer Fridays”
- Professional development opportunities
The best benefit? To be a part of an awesome, collaborative and supportive team that fosters an environment for you to grow and thrive in your PR career.
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, with offices in Austin and NYC. We’re committed to creating a fun environment, while taking time to chat with each other about life, not just work. No matter the present environment, we offer the flexibility to work from home or remotely, and a casual, laidback work environment. We work with retail technology companies and our clients are both U.S.-based and international.
How to Apply:
Send the following to [email protected]; no phone calls, please:
- Your resumé, tailored to this particular job.
- A minimum of three writing samples.