Ketner Group Communications is seeking an account supervisor to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a motivated and dynamic team member with agency account management experience. An account supervisor at Ketner Group should be a highly dependable, motivated team player who has relevant experience and strong leadership skills, coupled with an outstanding ability to adhere to project and client timelines on an individual basis.
The account supervisor will oversee day-to-day account management and strategy for our retail tech clients. Ketner Group looks to account supervisors to lead senior account executives, account executives, assistant account executives and interns, ensuring that we execute on our clients’ communication strategies and tactics. Account supervisors directly report to agency leadership.
This position can be in-person, hybrid or completely remote, depending on the applicant’s experience and location.
Who You Are:
- Strategic. You can create and lead the overall strategy for each client, managing and delegating workflow and reviewing final materials before sending for approval.
- Experienced in communications. You have PR agency experience, with a strong knowledge of the media landscape, and confidence in pitching trade and national media contacts.
- Articulate. You possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You tend to over-communicate and can clearly articulate the status of campaign activities to clients in person, over the phone and via email.
- Collaborative, yet self-directed. You are a motivated leader and learner who wants new experiences and is ready to work independently – a necessity in today’s remote work environment. You are highly self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with daily activities, which often fluctuate based on client needs.
- Curious. You want to know why things work the way they do; you’re curious about businesses, marketing practices and technology, and you can “connect the dots” in ways that others haven’t yet seen.
- Highly attentive to small details. You get excited about finding an extra space between two words in a paragraph and you love a good spreadsheet. You’re highly organized and can manage multiple accounts while ensuring deadlines are met with client-ready deliverables.
- Adaptable. You aren’t intimidated by technical language and new markets. You’re able to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture. You’re comfortable actively participating in internal meetings and team brainstorms.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute on successful B2B PR campaigns for agency clients
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in managing and executing on all types of content development
- Manage and oversee activities of AAEs, AEs and SAEs, while reporting to agency directors
- Manage interns as needed, reporting updates to agency leadership
- Support agency senior leadership team on hiring new agency team members
- Review monthly reporting and billing, working with senior leadership team to make team adjustments as needed to ensure ongoing client success
- Develop and nurture strong client relationships and knowledge
- Lead offsite or virtual meetings with clients and new business prospects, either solo or with other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- 5-6 years of PR experience (including internships), preferably in an agency environment
- Experience with account management, media relations, content development, social media and research
- Retail technology or B2B tech PR experience is an advantage, but not required
- Experience with Cision, Hootsuite, Harvest, or comparable platforms
- Competitive salary
- Group health and dental insurance with a 50% employer contribution
- Matching 401K plan
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous PTO policy starting with three weeks paid vacation, seven days paid sick leave, a floating holiday and year-round “Summer Fridays”
- Professional development opportunities
The best benefit? To be a part of an awesome, collaborative and supportive team that fosters an environment for you to grow and thrive in your PR career.
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, with offices in Austin, NYC and Nashville. We’re committed to creating a fun environment, while taking time to chat with each other about life, not just work. No matter the present environment, we offer the flexibility to work from home or remotely, and a casual, laidback work environment. We work with retail technology companies and our clients are both U.S.-based and international.
How to Apply:
Send the following to [email protected]; no phone calls, please:
- Your resumé, tailored to this particular job.
- A minimum of three writing samples.