Ketner Group is seeking a proactive, curious and diligent intern to support our team for Spring 2024, with the possibility of continuing beyond the spring semester. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our fun-loving, collaborative group while gaining real-world agency experience supporting B2B retail tech clients.
The internship is a paid, hybrid position in our Austin office with a flexible schedule of 16-24 hours per week.
*The pay rate for this position is $16 per hour.
Who You Are:
- Experienced: Entering or in senior year of undergraduate studies; graduate student in relevant subject areas; or recent grad looking for an entry-level internship. Previous PR or communications internship experience is required, preferably with an agency.
- Self-directed: Work independently in a fast-paced environment, coordinating virtually with team members in various locations across the U.S.
- Articulate: Possess strong writing and communication skills. You like PR and are curious to learn more about your passions.
- Organized and detail-oriented: Can manage multiple assignments, hit deadlines and understand the devil is in the details.
- Adaptable: Ability to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture.
What You Will Do:
- Research and develop media lists for clients
- Draft and prepare briefing materials for client spokespeople
- Compile semi-weekly awards and speaking calendar for clients
- Track and provide weekly media updates
- Monitor industry news, client coverage and trends
- Support monthly media measurement using Cision
- Plan and draft weekly social content for clients
- Participate in staff meetings and agency activities
- Assist with other day-to-day functions and duties for both Ketner Group and clients, as assigned
- Work with team members in Austin, NYC and various remote locations
- Pursuing or completed bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, journalism or related field
- Completed junior year of undergraduate studies
- 1-2 years internship experience, preferably at a PR agency or in-house corporate communications department
- Experience with Cision, Hootsuite, WordPress or comparable platforms preferred, but not required
- Comfortable in a hybrid work environment with a minimum of one day per week in the Austin office
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, with offices in Austin and NYC. We’re committed to creating a fun environment, while taking time to chat with each other about life, not just work. We work with retail technology companies and our clients are both U.S.-based and international.
How to Apply:
Send your resumé and a minimum of three writing samples to [email protected].