Ketner Group is currently seeking a proactive, creative and diligent intern to support our team for Fall 2022, with the possibility of continuing through the spring semester.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our fun-loving, collaborative group while gaining real-world agency experience supporting B2B retail technology clients. In addition, you’ll help with Ketner Group’s marketing initiatives, ensuring we are driving new business and increasing awareness for our company overall.
The internship is a paid, hybrid position with a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours, depending on business needs and candidate availability.
* Preference will be given to candidates located in New York (or TriState area), Tennessee or Texas.
Who You Are:
- Experienced: Entering or in senior year of undergraduate studies; graduate student in relevant subject areas; or recent grad looking for an entry-level internship. Previous public relations and/or communications internship experience is required, preferably with an agency.
- Self-directed: You bring a willingness to work independently and remotely in a fast-paced environment, coordinating virtually with team members in various locations across the U.S.
- Articulate: You possess strong writing and communication skills. You like PR and marketing and are curious to learn more about your passions.
- Organized and detail-oriented: You can manage multiple assignments, hit deadlines and understand the devil is in the details.
- Adaptable: Ability to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s committed, yet laid-back work culture.
What You Will Do:
- Research and develop media lists for clients
- Draft and prepare briefing materials for client spokespeople
- Compile semi-weekly clients awards and speaking calendar
- Track and provide weekly media updates
- Monitor industry news, client coverage and trends
- Help manage Ketner Group social media posting and research
- Support content development including blog posts, newsletters, videos, images and more
- Assist with coverage reports and monthly reporting
- Participate in staff meetings and agency activities
- Assist with other day-to-day functions and duties as assigned
- Pursuing or completed bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- Completed junior year of undergraduate studies
- 1-2 years of internship experience, preferably at a PR agency or in-house corporate communications department
- Experience with Cision, Hootsuite, Harvest, WordPress or comparable platforms preferred, but not required
- Comfortable in a remote or hybrid work environment
Who We Are:
Who We Are:
Ketner Group is a PR and communications agency, with offices in Austin, NYC and Nashville. We’re committed to creating a fun environment, while taking time to chat with each other about life, not just work. No matter the present environment, we offer the flexibility to work from home or remotely, and a casual, laidback work environment. We work with retail technology companies and our clients are both U.S.-based and international.
How to Apply:
Send the following to [email protected]; no phone calls, please:
- Your resumé, tailored to this particular job.
- A minimum of three writing samples.