Looking to join a fun, creative and authentic PR team where you have the opportunity to create successful stories and campaigns for innovative clients? Ketner Group would love to talk to you!
Ketner Group Communications is an established, growing PR agency with an excellent reputation, a positive work environment and a commitment to work/life balance. We’re searching for a motivated and dynamic team member who is passionate about media relations and content development. The role of Account Coordinator (AC) will have limited day-to-day client relationships and will report to Account Supervisors. An AC on our team should be a team player, but also be highly dependable to adhere to project and client timelines on an individual basis. Ketner Group looks to its ACs to support Account Executives and/or Account Managers and help our teams execute on PR campaign strategies and tactics.
- Assist Account Managers and/or Account Executives with staying on task for PR campaigns on assigned accounts
- Execute media relations activities, including developing media lists, press release distribution, proactive pitching/media relations, editorial calendar management and speaking opp/award research and management
- Develop and cultivate relationships with the appropriate press and analyst contacts on assigned accounts
- Write content pieces such as press releases, articles and case studies
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Help to brainstorm fresh, new campaign ideas for all KG accounts
- Execute on social media tactics as needed for assigned accounts
- Support Ketner Group team in new business activities and research
- Contribute to Ketner Group social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and blog
- Strong writing skills; be prepared to submit writing samples
- Confidence in handling media relations, including pitching trade and national media contacts
- Effective communications skills, including the ability to clearly articulate the status of PR program/campaign activities to clients in person, over the phone or via email
- Excellent research skills in finding appropriate media contacts, collecting supporting data/information for copywriting, identifying client award and event opportunities and conducting client competitor research
- Ability to be self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with daily activities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
- 1-3 years of PR experience (including internships) in an agency, brand or corporation
- Retail technology or brand PR experience a plus, but not required
- B2B and/or B2C experience highly valued, but not required
- Experience with executing on social media tactics
- Experience with Vocus, Hootsuite and Harvest a plus
- Competitive salary
- Group health insurance with a 50% employer match
- Matching 401K plan
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous vacation benefits
- PRSA membership
- Professional development opportunities
The best benefit? To be a part of an awesome, collaborative and supportive PR team that fully supports breakfast taco Tuesday and (basically) any reason at all to celebrate with cake and your drink of choice!
To apply email your cover letter, resume and writing samples to [email protected].