Exciting news… We’re hiring! For an experienced Account Executive to immediately join our team full-time! For nearly 25 years, we’ve specialized in B-to-B retail technology PR and marketing communications, and our PR team delivers diverse expertise in creating targeted public relations campaigns and marketing communications programs, media and analyst management, content marketing, company and product messaging and collateral, social media marketing and more. Are you up for the challenge?
At KG, we are a highly collaborative and energetic team, and we are looking for the next great addition to our work culture! For this position, we’re looking for a motivated and dynamic team member who is passionate about public relations, writing and media relations. This Account Executive role will be responsible for assisting Account Managers with staying on task and meeting deadlines for key accounts; helping to brainstorm fresh campaign ideas; creating and managing plans for media relations, including proactive pitching, press release distribution and pitching, editorial calendar research and management; and writing content pieces, including press releases, articles, case studies and e-books. Our diverse client base allows our team to work on a wide variety of projects and explore individual interests within a client’s overall public relations goals, so this candidate will likely be working on projects that speak to varied and dynamic themes.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in handling media relations, including pitching trade and national media contacts
- Effective communications skills, including the ability to clearly articulate PR program/campaign activity statuses to clients in person, over the phone or via email
- Excellent research skills in finding appropriate media contacts, collecting supporting data/information for copywriting, identifying client award and event opportunities and conducting client competitor research
- Ability to be self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with daily activities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
- 2-3 years of experience in an agency, brand or corporation
- Highly developed content/writing skills (writing samples required)
- Experience in executing social media strategies
- Experience creating and distributing/pitching articles/press releases
- B2B public relations experience required
- Retail technology experience a plus, but not required
- Experience with Vocus and Hootsuite a plus
- A dynamic, innovative and collaborative working environment that will challenge your performance and encourage employee growth and expertise in the retail technology space
- Fun, team-oriented colleagues that always have your back
- Access to office community perks, including on-site food trucks, fitness center and hosted workouts
- A Macbook Pro to use as a work-use only device
- A company paid data plan
- Flexibility to work from home on a limited basis after three full months of in-office work after onboarding
- Fully-stocked snack cabinet and continuous coffee/tea production each day
- At Ketner Group, we take food and drink seriously. The ideal candidate must love food, free billing day lunches, free Starbucks when the occasion calls for it, and of course – Taco Tuesday.
Are you our next team member? We’d love to meet you! Please send a resume, three writing samples, salary requirements and interview availability to [email protected].