Of course, we think we’re pretty cool, but in case you need some convincing, here’s a little about us.
Ketner Group PR + Marketing is an Austin, Texas-based public relations and marketing communications firm specializing in technology and B2B public relations for nearly 25 years. Ketner Group is experienced in a variety of industries, including retail technology, mobile technology, high tech business, hospitality technology, supply chain and logistics, and profitability and payments.
Our public relations team consists of passionate storytellers and we deliver diverse expertise in creating targeted public relations campaigns and marketing communications programs that can include multi-faceted public relations campaigns, relationship-based media and analyst outreach, company/product messaging and collateral, social media outreach, email and direct marketing and more.
We’re looking for a motivated and dynamic team member who is passionate about PR, writing and media relations. The role of Account Executive (AE) is highly engaged in client relationships and will report to our Account Managers. An AE on our team should be a team player, but also be highly dependable to adhere to timelines on an individual basis. Ketner Group looks to its AEs to help execute on our PR campaign strategies and tactics.
- Assist Account Managers with staying on task for key accounts
- Execute media relations activities, including developing media lists, press release distribution and pitching and editorial calendar research and management
- Maintain Ketner Group’s stellar reputation in the retail technology trade media space
- Cultivate new media relationships in other verticals and top tier, national press
- Write content pieces, including press releases, articles, case studies, e-books, etc.
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Serve as a key contact in client communications
- Help to brainstorm fresh, new campaign ideas
- Execute on social media tactics
- Strong writing skills, be prepared to submit writing samples
- Confidence in handling media relations, including pitching trade and national media contacts
- Effective communications skills, including the ability to clearly articulate the status of PR program/campaign activities to clients in person, over the phone or via email
- Excellent research skills in finding appropriate media contacts, collecting supporting data/information for copywriting, identifying client award and event opportunities and conducting client competitor research
- Ability to be self-accountable, self-motivated and proactive in staying on task with daily activities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
- 2-3 years of PR experience in an agency, brand or corporation
- Retail technology or brand PR experience a plus, but not required
- B2B experience highly valued, but not required
- Experience with executing on social media tactics
- Experience with Vocus, Hootsuite and Harvest a plus