Ketner Group is currently seeking a driven, hard-working intern for the Spring 2019 semester to support our team, with the possibility of an extended offer as a summer intern. The paid internship begins in January 2019, offering a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week. Between collaborating with our energetic and creative team and gaining real-world agency experience supporting our B2B clients, the intern will have many opportunities for growth.
- Entering or currently in junior or senior year of undergraduate studies
- Possess strong writing and communication skills
- Willingness to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Previous public relations and/or communications internship experience is required, preferably with an agency
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to our team’s work culture
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching media and analysts
- Editing and/or writing client press releases and marketing materials
- Managing editorial opportunities
- Compiling award and speaking calendar
- Building media lists
- Crafting blog content for clients and internal use
- Developing social media posts for client and internal use
- Participating in staff meetings
- Assisting with other duties as assigned
Please send a resume and cover letter, along with writing samples, to Mariana Fischbach at [email protected]; no phone calls, please.
My name is Catherine Mitchell and I’m a senior public relations student at UT Austin. Knowing that graduation is slowly sneaking up on me in December, I decided that I needed more experience in the public relations Industry before I could truly know which path to choose when I graduate. This leads me to the beginning of my journey with Ketner Group!
I have held previous PR internships with outstanding companies, but still I longed for experience in an actual agency whose sole purpose was PR and marketing. I had been to quite a few interviews at other agencies, but when I walked through the door here at Ketner Group I instantly felt at ease. Everyone at the office was friendly and energetic. My interview didn’t feel like a formal “what are your strengths and weakness” type interview, but more of a two-way conversation where I felt comfortable to be myself and got to learn more about the people in the agency. Choosing the place I wanted to intern was a no-brainer!
Ketner Group deals mainly with B2B technology clients, which is definitely a different field of PR that I imagined myself working in. However, I have found that I really enjoy learning about different IT developments implemented by Ketner Group’s clients.
Merely seeing how a public relations professional spends his/her day at work has provided me
great insight into the field. The opportunity to sit in on conference calls and meetings with
clients has shown me how to build and maintain strong relationships with clients. I have learned through observation the importance of presenting knowledgeable council to the client while still maintaining a casual enough tone to keep the meeting friendly. When I’m at the office I literally feel like a little sponge trying to absorb all the information I can!
Being surrounded by professionals who really love what they do has made interning at Ketner Group a really positive experience thus far. People really aren’t lying when they say the best way to learn is through experience. I now know that I enjoy working in a boutique agency where everyone is more than coworkers- they’re friends.